Zen Handcraft Woodpen 一花開天下春 from MORITA
. Click here
to learn more about the brand.
Mr. Yasutaka Takeuchi (竹内靖貴) boasts popularity in a wide variety of stores, from long established stationary stores to high level select shops, for his hand crafted pens, which are made with the sensitivity of a Japanese brush craftsman, passed down from his grandfather, to his father, to him. Ms. Gyokusui Nishimura (西村玉翠), promoter of the Gyokusha School, reigns over genius calligraphers with her free and fluid brushwork. These two individuals have created this original zen handcraft woodpen, with zen words as its theme. The completely hand carved and graceful curves are Yasutaka Takeuchi's unique design. The form, carved by hand from natural wood and acrylic material, is also excellent as a piece of human engineering, and incredibly easy to use. The autographed zen words on the surface of the luxury paulownia box are written in screen printing, which gives one even increased pleasure from owning it.
As the zen word "一花開天下春" implies, in a similar fashion to the way spring arrives with a bouquet of flowers, each and every one of us blooming brings tranquility to the world. On the barrel are wild cherry blossoms, treated above and below with pink marble acrylic that suggests cherry blossoms. This product is one made with the hope that its holder would be filled with happiness, like the cherry blossom, a most beloved flower.
About Mr. Yasutaka Takeuchi (竹内靖貴): A Japanese brush artisan succeeding the essence
of traditional brush craftsmanship, passed down from his grandfather's generation. Applying his sensibilities, fastidiously chosen materials, fine cuts, and polished skills, he has started creating original hand made writing utensils. Their extravagant curves are popular with a wide variety of people.
About Ms. Gyokusui Nishimura (西村玉翠): After beginning calligraphy at the age of five, she quickly became a master; a genius calligrapher known for her free and wild style. She has held exhibitions both inside and outside of Japan. Former Seijo Gakuen High School lecturer, chairperson of the Society for Promoting Calligraphy Education, and the promoter of the Gyokusha Calligraphy School. She has authored works including "Writing Memorable New Years Cards with Writing Brush" (心にのこる毛筆の年賀状) and "Making Calligraphy that Colors the Season" (季節を彩る書作品づくり―四季の花を表現する).
Shipping Fee from Japan for This Product Alone (You can get discounts on the per unit shipping cost by ordering more products):
- Size: 132mm
- Material etc.: Yama Sakura (山桜) / Acrylic
Estimated Number of Days Until Delivery After Product Shipment:
- North America / Central America / Oceania / Middle East: 2,100 Japanese Yen
- Europe: 2,300 Japanese Yen
- Asia: 1,500
- South America / Africa: 2,500 Japanese Yen
Shipping Fee and Shipping:
- US / Oceania: 4-5 days
- Europe: 7-8 days
- Asia: 2-3 days
- Shipping fee can be checked right after you add this product to cart. If you have other products in the cart the total shipping fee for all the products in your order can also be checked (the shipping fee depends on the total shipping weight of your order)
- This product is shipped from Japan within 2 business days after your order
- Worldwide shipping available
- See our how-to-shop page for more information about Shipping & Delivery, Payment and Refunds & Exchanges, including insurance coverage for lost or damaged items