宗次 Deba Bochō/Hochō Cooking Knife (出刃包丁) 180mm Japanese Style Hochō Cooking Knife（和包丁） from Morihei
. Click here
to learn more. Made in Japan.
Deba Bochō is appropriate for handling fish. You can cut off the fish's head etc. with this knife. So that you can fillet fish easily, the shape of the knife is such that the blade is wide and thick, with the corner of the blade edge having an obtuse angle. You can also crack the shell of crabs etc., or handle chicken with this knife, so it can be said that this knife works great for handling the basic preparation of food in general. You should use the cutting edge of the blade for filleting and cutting, and the blade edge for breaking bone. Because the blade length is 180mm and rather long, it is perfect for handling yellowtail, skipjack, and salmon.
The kitchen knives sold on Ninjaya.com are curated by Akimitsu Oguro, and they are superior kitchen knives with enhanced sharpness by sharpening master Akimitsu Oguro. Mr Oguro is the proprietor of long-established knife and whetstone shop "Morihei" in Asakusabashi, Tokyo, with a tradition dating back over 80 years. Akimitsu Oguro is highly esteemed as a master of knife sharpening, and many top-rate cooks visit "Morihei" and rely on Oguro's skill to restore the original sharpness of knives that grow dull from daily use. Furthermore, as a special benefit only available on Ninjaya.com, all knives are sharpened by master Akimitsu Oguro prior to shipping in order to maximize the sharpness, and they are affixed with the phrase "Hand-Sharpened Blade" as proof. *The "Hand-Sharpened Blade" certification sticker is not attached in some the photos, but please be assured that it is included on all of the actual products.
Shipping Fee for This Product Alone (You can get discounts on the per unit shipping cost by ordering more products):
- Size: Blade Length: 180mm, Entire Length: 335mm, Thickness of the Grip: 26mm, Weight: 310g
Estimated Number of Days Until Delivery After Product Shipment:
- North America / Central America / Oceania / Middle East: 3,400 Japanese Yen
- Europe: 3,750 Japanese Yen
- Asia: 2,500
(Note: 100 JPY is about 0.90 USD)
Shipping Fee and Shipping:
- US / Oceania: 4-5 days
- Europe: 7-8 days
- Asia: 2-3 days
- Shipping fee can be checked right after you add this product to cart. If you have other products in the cart the total shipping fee for all the products in your order can also be checked. (You can get discounts on the per unit shipping cost by ordering more products)
- This product is shipped within 7-10 business days after the order
- Worldwide shipping available
- See our how-to-shop page for more information about Shipping & Delivery, Payment and Refunds & Exchanges